Saturday, November 10, 2012

Around the World in 21 Days-Part 29

Exotic Thailand


Today we departed from Denpasar airport and travelled to Thailand. My final destination was the Four Seasons Chiang Mai. However, a portion of the tour group went further, on to the Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle.

Here are the links to these two extraordinary resorts: 

 http://www.fourseasons.com/chiangmai/ , http://www.fourseasons.com/goldentriangle/


Four Seasons Chiang Mai:  Two story units in a jungle-like setting



Gorgeous floating blossoms abound at the Four Seasons Chiang Mai
Susan and David receive a warm greeting from some big-hearted, not to mention big-horned, animals.

The SPA


Greeted with tea at the spa

As usual, because the resort is so beautiful, I'm having a hard time committing to off-resort activities. The spa always calls my name, and again I received a great treatment, this time from a therapist whose name was Tree. The fact that I heard 'cracks' as she walked on my back was ominous, but I felt fantastic when the treatment was over.
Treatment Room
 

 Our First Dinner in Chiang Mai...

...took place at one of several luxury villas on the resort. This one happens to be for sale.
 
It does have a lovely pool

With lovely dancers


Nancy demonstrates the outdoor shower at the villa



No comments:

Post a Comment