Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Around the World in 21 Days-Part 23

Morning Light in Bali at the Fours Seasons

Jimbaran Bay 

It's so beautiful at this resort that I'm skipping today's tour for a cooking class and spa treatment
This is my outdoor shower. I have lots of opportunity to get wet.

Our First Dinner at the Four Seasons Bali

The dinner on our first evening in Bali was an 'elegant' pig roast served by the pool. 

There were many alternatives to the roast, including an amazing quesadilla-type pizza, filled with marscapone and truffle oil and topped with grated parmesan. There was a queue for that particular treat. Traditional music played gently in the background as we dined while overlooking the ocean.


Sharon bravely faces the roast
Three colour co-ordinated women ready for dinner: Mary-Pat, Polly, and me (Janet)

Candle-lit pool creates gorgeous ambiance


Enjoying the meal

Great idea for serving Caesar salad: lots of topping choices for customized salads


Traditional entertainment

 How the ambiance was created

 
Candles being strung on fishing line, then floated on the surface of the pool.

Lanterns were hung

 Readied for Bed

Typical of a Four Seasons facility- my bed is readied for me with netting lowered when I return to my room after dinner


No comments:

Post a Comment