Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Gift


A trip around the world is no small event even for a seasoned traveler like me , so I had been corresponding with TSC and Starquest Expeditions, (our Seattle-based trip organizers), for some time. I'd been told to expect a travel bag in the mail, and on return from our recent trip to San Francisco there was indeed a package waiting for me.  My excitement waned when I was faced with a very small vinyl duffel bag with no accompanying note or explanation, simply a customs tag stating “travel bag”. Could this be it my high class bag from the high class travel group? Was this a taste of things to come? After putting on my glasses I read the fine print on the envelope….. “Please enjoy your free gift from Conde Naste.”
Underwhelmed by vinyl duffel bag

Several days later I received my package from TSC – a lovely carry-on bag with travel locks, a backpack, an amenities set and a binder detailing our adventure. I know I’m going to be on the right plane! 

No comments:

Post a Comment