Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Around the World in 21 Days

Some months ago I received a lovely brochure promising adventure and excitement in a round-the-world private jet tour offered by TCS & Starquest Expeditions in collaboration with the Four Seasons group. Though unfamiliar with TSC, I am very familiar with the quality of the Four Seasons organization, and was immediately interested in this once-in-lifetime opportunity. The trip became a gift to me from my husband when he realized he was working on a big case that would take him out of commission for some time. Though well-traveled, I have never experienced a group trip like this, with its compelling  offer of “10 legendary destinations.”

The advantages of private jet travel seem obvious – avoidance of congested airport transfers – no missed connections – good customs experiences - no lost bags – I hope! And of course, a little luxury! During the trip we will be offered a variety of experiences, but have the option of doing our ‘own thing’. We travel with a doctor, (which is comforting but hopefully unnecessary), three expert lecturers to enlighten us on the “ten legendary destinations”, and a Four Seasons concierge to ensure everything runs according to plan.

I’ve made my initial excursion selection, though there is lots of flexibility in this regard. I’ve also booked several spa appointments – how could I resist the call of an Ocean Opulence Treatment in Bali or an Uzhichil Massage in Mumbai?

Clearly this should be a first class trip. I head out Sunday and can hardly wait!  I’ll be posting regularly, so feel free to log on to http://travelsfromheathstreet.blogspot.ca and share the adventure with me. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment